Signs that you are a binge eater:
Feelings of being out of control
Frequently eat large portions of food
Hiding food and eating in private
Feeling guilty after overeating
Having metabolic syndrome
How to Gain Control Over Binge Eating
Recognize that you have a binge eating disorder
Realize that it is normal to have a relapse while overcoming your binge eating
Enlist support from family, friends and a self-help group
Learn to eat naturally by eating only when you are hungry and never eating until you are full.
Eat frequent small meals throughout the day so you don’t get overly hungry and eat absentmindedly.
Be conscious of the kinds of food you put in your body
Practice mindful eating
Eat for health and energy rather than cravings
Try cognitive-behavior therapy or psychotherapy
Try an antidepressant
Find the motivation to exercise daily
Look for the silver lining – adapt a positive attitude
Benefits of overcoming binge eating:
Regain control over food
Better manage stress
Stop feeling like you have to hide your eating habits
Feel better about your body
Improve you overall health
Reduce chances of getting a life-threatening disease
Have more energy
And what can you do to stop a binge before it starts?
1. Already bought your Halloween candy? There’s still time to stop yourself. Save a bite-sized piece, eat it, and enjoy it. Give the rest to a homeless shelter. Don’t take it to work. Put your imagination to work on alternative treats to hand out - like raisins, cereal, pencils, party favors, etc. - and don’t feel guilty. You can count on your neighbors to provide chocolate to the kids.
2. Have a plan. Eat a nutritious snack before going to a party. Tell yourself you’ll eat just half of what’s served, then stick to your vow.
3. Plan active days off and vacations. Don’t assume you have to gain weight if you’re indulging. Compensate with physical activity.
4. Identify your triggers. For example, if you’re going to a family gathering, are you likely to feel resentful or guilty about long-standing differences with certain family members? Deal with these issues. Food can mask them but won’t make them disappear.
5. Distinguish between indulging and bingeing. Occasionally allow yourself to indulge without eating out of control. The tendency to engage in black-and-white thinking is the hallmark of a problem with food. “If you think one Snickers makes a disaster, then you might think, ‘Why not go all the way and really binge?’”
6. Snack often on nutritious foods to keep from getting overly hungry. Carry an insulated snack pack everywhere. It’s filled with foods such as dried and fresh fruits, baby carrots, nonfat yogurt, trail mix, whole-grain cereal, nuts, and baked chips. You have to defend yourself, you can’t go out into the modern ‘obese-ogenic’ environment and hope not to get fat, just as you wouldn’t go out in the rain without an umbrella and expect to not get wet. read more..
Sunday, 20 May 2012
Signs that you are a binge eater:
Monday, 7 May 2012
1.To begin with just stand straight and jog on-the-spot for about 2 minutes just to warm up for the workout. Then stretch your arms and the entire body to the level of slight discomfort but not pain.
2. Next you have to do jumping jacks for 3 minutes. This will get your heart rate up and will prepare you for the harder workout ahead.
3. After jumping jacks do push-ups.10 push-ups will be enough.
4. Next you will do split jumping lunges for 30 seconds. Make sure that you knee does not go over your heel and you are pushing through your front heel.
5. Now grab your mat and get ready to work on your abs. Do bicycle crunches for 1 minute.
6. After bicycle crunches you will work on your abs and thighs together by doing mountain climbers. Work for another 1 minute.
Repeat the whole workout except for the warm up exercise and perform another set. Until now you have worked on your belly and thighs.
7. To work on your legs you will lay down on the mat with your one leg up and one leg down. Start moving the leg that is up making circle like movements. It will be like drawing a big circle in the air with your let. Do this for a minute. Switch your leg and now do the same for the other leg. Repeat this one more time
8. The next move will work on your legs and waist together. You will start with your hands laced underneath you head and your legs will be straight up with you back on the floor. Bring your one leg down and bring your opposite elbow moving the shoulder towards to knee of the leg that is still up and try touching it. Now alternate and switch the movement and do it for both the legs and elbows. Do this for three minutes.
9. To work on your arms you can get a bottle full of water. Stand straight and hold the bottle your one hand and bring it up and down. Do the same for the other arms. Repeat this for two minutes. read more..